Every year, the staff selection commission organisation opens a competitive computer-based examination for the recruitment of GD constables. This year SSC has also released vacancies for the GD constable post in the Border Security Force, Central Industrial Security Force, Central Reserve Police Force, Indo Tibetan Border Police, Sashastra Seema Bal, National Investigation Agency, and Secretariat Security Force, and rifleman in Assam rifles.
The frequency of vacancy is determined by the vacancies reached by the Ministry Of Home Affairs and the Delhi police to the SSC. SSC GD syllabus consists of 4 parts as mentioned below. Computer Based Examination (CBE), Physical Efficiency Test (PET), Physical Standard Test (PST), and a Detailed Medical Examination (DME). The computer-based examination comprises an objective type paper that comes with 100 questions, each carrying 1 mark.
- Part A includes general intelligence and reasoning with a total of 25 questions.
- Part B comprises 25 questions based on general knowledge and general awareness.
- Part C includes 25 questions from elementary mathematics.
- Part D has 25 questions in either English or Hindi.
SSC GD Detailed Exam Syllabus
According to the latest notification published by SSC, the SSC GD is conducted for those candidates have who have qualified matriculation or 10th class from a recognised University or board and are between the ages of 18 to 23 years are eligible to apply for the SSC GD constable recruitment examination.
- General Intelligence and Reasoning: Similarities and differences, analogies, spatial visualisation, spatial orientation, discrimination, visual memory, relationship, arithmetic number series, figural classification, non-verbal series, coding and decoding, observation.
- General Knowledge and General Awareness: Sports, Culture, History, General Polity, Economics, Indian Constitution, Scientific Research.
- Elementary Mathematics: Computation of whole numbers, number systems, decimals and fraction, ratio and proportion, profit and loss, average, interest, time and work, time and distance, arithmetical operations.
- English/Hindi: Fill in the blanks, vocabulary, passage, one-word answer, grammar.
Candidates should always keep in mind the above mention syllabus is intended to give a fair idea. Candidates should always check the official website to stay updated about the latest syllabus of SSC GD.
Subject Wise Best Books for Preparation
Following are some of the best books that are recommended for any candidate appearing in the SSC GD examination:
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- A Modern Approach To Verbal And Nonverbal Reasoning-RS Aggarwal.
- General Intelligence And Test Of Reasoning-Vikas Publishing.
- How To Crack Test Of Reasoning-Jaikishan And Prem Kishan.
- Shortcuts In Reasoning (Analytical Verbal And Nonverbal) For Competitive Exams-Disha Experts.
- Nonverbal Reasoning-BS Sijwali And Indu Sijwali.
- Analytical Reasoning-MK Pandey.
General Knowledge and General Awareness
- General Knowledge-Prabhat Prakashan.
- General Knowledge Manual-Pearson.
- General Knowledge-Lucent Publication.
- General Knowledge Essential Knowledge Capsule In General Awareness And Current Affairs-Manohar Pandey.
- Current Affairs Round With 30 + Online tests and Two ebooks-Disha Experts.
- General Studies-Disha Publication.
- General Knowledge-Manohar Pandey Arihant Publication.
- SSC Mathematics Chapter Wise Question-Rakesh Yadav.
- Complete Mathematics by Rishikesh Kumar.
- Popular Arithmetic Multiple Choice Questions-RPH Editorial Board.
- A Problem Book In Mathematical Analysis-GN Burman.
- Lectures On Elementary Mathematics-Joseph Louis Lagrange.
English or Hindi
- Objectives General English-RS Aggarwal.
- English Grammar Book-Wren And Martin.
- Aadhunik Hindi Vyakaran Aur Rachna-Basudeo Nandan Prasad.
- Idioms Phrases And Proverbs With Hindi Meanings-HS Bhatiya.
- General Hindi And Conference Grammar And Indispensable Guide For All Competitive Exams-Dr. Brij Kishor Prasad Singh.
Candidates preparing for state examinations can greatly benefit from BYJU’S Exam Prep which is exclusively designed for SSC GD learning. Here candidates get access to the latest study materials, recorded audiovisual lectures, and exam-focused study notes and practice papers. It is a one-stop solution for all the preparation needs of a candidate.
Leave a Reply