When caring for the skin of the face, many do not pay due attention to the area around the eyes. At the same time, this area requires special care and sometimes even the use of dermal fillers. When choosing skin care cosmetics, they buy face products and mistakenly apply them to all areas, considering eye cream as something like a marketing ploy, nothing more. Often, they do not see the difference and do not consider it appropriate to use various care products around the eyes and for the face in general. Is it really so, you now find out.
Why is eye care important?
The skin in the periorbital zone (it is also the area around the eyes) has a number of features:
- it is the thinnest, least dense, and very sensitive, plus it gets thinner with age;
- very susceptible to negative external factors;
- due to the lack of sebaceous glands, it rapidly loses its elasticity and youthful state;
- poorly protected from nature, and then has an increased tendency to dehydration and stretching;
- it is on it that traces of fatigue and age-related changes first appear (dark circles, swelling, wrinkles);
- here are places of vasoconstriction, as a result of which blood circulation occurs slowly.
Add to this the production of collagen that decreases over the years, active facial expressions, anatomical, and various individual features – you can at least roughly imagine the range of vulnerability of the area around the eyes. And the question of the relevance of separate care for her will disappear by itself.
Face cream ≠ eye cream
The opinion that the cream around the eyes is the same remedy as for the face, only in a smaller package and with a large price tag, is fundamentally wrong. No self-respecting cosmetic brand will pass off the same product as products with excellent functional purposes.
The face cream is one thing, but eye cream is another. It is developed taking into account the delicacy and tenderness of the periorbital zone. It has a special composition, and ophthalmic formulas usually provide for increased concentrations of active ingredients and nutrients. In such cosmetic products, aggressive substances, powerful preservatives, and formaldehyde, which provoke allergies, are undesirable.
So if your goal is complex skin care for the eyelids with maximum support for its tone, do not use regular face cream for it. He not only cannot cope with urgent tasks but can do harm. Use a separate cream for the eye area, according to its features and specific needs.
Eye cream: main functions
The whole functional range of cosmetic products in this category is quite significant, as well as a large number of possible tasks that need to be solved.
So, why do you need an eye cream? Not at all so that cosmetics manufacturers can cash in on you. And certainly not to make your home cosmetic bag as large as possible.
The functions assigned to the cream for skin care around the eyes are as follows:
- moisturizing to help smooth/prevent the appearance of fine wrinkles that occur due to dry skin;
- elimination of dark circles (cream for dark circles under the eyes is a great way to even out and brighten the skin tone in this area);
- salvation from bags and edema (cream from bags under the eyes removes excess fluid, levels the loss of elasticity and weakening of skin tone, which resists sagging and swelling under the lower eyelid);
- reduction in the depth of wrinkles resulting from the activity of the facial muscles also referred to as facial wrinkles (the cream around the eyes does not completely eliminate wrinkles, but perfectly reduces their severity, contributing to the overall aesthetics of the face);
- soothing irritations;
- intensification of cell regeneration;
- protection from harmful environmental factors (direct solar radiation, sudden temperature changes, exposure to free radicals, etc.).
Good eye cream is not one that guarantees all of the above (after all, it is unrealistic to provide everything at once), but one that copes with one main and several additional functions “perfectly”. Therefore, it is necessary to select a cosmetic product, based, firstly, on its composition, secondly, on your needs, and, of course, on the correspondence of one to the other.
The best cream around the eyes is a product with hyaluronic acid
Hyaluronic acid is recognized by many dermatologists and cosmetologists as one of the best active ingredients for periorbital skin care. It is effective and safe. It is a powerful skin moisturizer. Attracts and retains moisture, thereby promoting elasticity and strengthening. Forms a film that prevents moisture evaporation and at the same time protects against aggressive external factors.
Leave a Reply